Monday, May 5, 2014

Story

We found out we were pregnant with you on January 3rd, 2014. I took a test because 1. I was extremely late with my period and 2. I was so tired and your grandma suggested that I could be pregnant. Initially I was scared because I didn't know what to do but I knew that no matter what you would have 2 parents who love you. 

We had scares early on with you possibly having Down's Syndrome that we took a lot of different measures to find out for sure. When I first realized that you might have Down's I was scared and felt defeated. I saw all the dreams that I had with you go out the window and really was depressed because I have never dealt with a child with special needs. I knew though that we would love you unconditionally and if you were born with Down's syndrome then God just felt that we could handle it. 

Daddy and I found out that you were a girl on February 27th. We were so excited that you were a girl and instantly knew that you would be our Katie Anne. The first person we called was your grandma to tell her that she was going to have another grand daughter. We went out to get dinner at IHop and then went shopping at Walmart to get some girlie clothes for you. We came home with lots that night and knew that you were going to be spoiled. We also knew that we wanted you to wear more than just pink and purples. 

I love you and I want the world for you. I want to be a mom like grandma was to me. I also want to be a mom that my sister isn't to her kids. I also want you to have a Daddy that you can count on and will be there for you. I want so much for you. 

Since we found out that you were a girl, we have gotten a lot more clothes and other items. The one thing we haven't gotten is a baby book because I am unsure if I want to make you a baby book scrap book or just go the traditional route. 

I love you Katharine Anne :) <3


No comments:

Post a Comment