Saturday, May 17, 2014

Katharine's Library

Reading is an important activity that I had when I was growing up and then go back to at times. I remember visiting my grandma one summer and she went out and got me a library card because of my reading habit. I could go through one or two chapter books a day if not every two days. I get the reading habit from both my parents and it makes me happy that this is one of those things that I can pass onto Katharine because Jeff also likes to read. 

We had a new Once Upon a Child open up recently and last week I went to browse and to see if there were any good deals. What I found was a small wall with book shelves and I knew that I wanted to start a library for her. I figured that we would go around to garage sales and to see what we could find. I started looking and I was shocked by what they had. I did pick up a few books.                             



These books were no more than 1.50 each. The smaller ones were only .50 cents. I got an assortment because I figured some could be given as Christmas present. The Pooh book is Easter themed so will be given in her Easter basket. 


I also found these Dr. Seuss books. They aren't the most popular ones but it is a nice collection to start off with.

I also found these "My First Library" that came with the 5 books. It still had the original packing on it when I bought it. I took it off so I could get a nice picture of them . 



This bear came about because we had coupons for Build a Bear and this bear was made by both of us and will be given to Katharine probably for her first Easter. Her name is Pinky but Katharine will be able to change her name if she wants when she is old enough. She is holding the "Baby Animals" book that I bought. I really like this picture because it incorporates my love for stuffed animals and my love for reading.

I hope that she loves reading like both her parents and grandma have. I also plan on making library trips when she is old enough to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment